Lessons for my daughters:
1. Make your bed every morning. Just do it. Your day will at least seem better when you don't have to look at a frumpled bed at the end of a long day.
2. Don't wear holey underwear. Again, your day will at least seem better if there aren't holes in your underpants.
3. Travel light through life. Keep only what you need. Carry-on only, doll. You can do it.
4. It’s okay to cry when you’re hurt. It’s also okay to smash (some) things; but, wash your face, clean your mess, and get up off the floor when you’re done. You don’t belong down there.
5. Seek out the people and places that resonate with your soul.
6. Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.
7. 5-second rule. It’s just dirt. There are worse things in a fast food cheeseburger.
8. You are a woman, you do not NEED a man! Never expect a relationship to "fix" something in your life - that's unfair to both of you.
9. Happiness is not a permanent state. Joy is. Don’t confuse these and remember where your Joy resides.
10. Never walk through an alley.
11. Be less sugar, more spice, and only as nice as you’re able to without compromising yourself.
12. Can’t is a cop-out.
13. If you can’t smile with your eyes, don’t smile. Insincerity is nothing to aspire to.
14. Never lie to yourself.
15. Your body, your rules.
16. If you have an opinion, you better know why. If you are passionate enough about a topic to have an opinion, know the facts and don't expect others to spoon-feed them to you.
17. Practice your passions.
18. Ask for what you want. The worst thing they can say is no.
19. Wish on stars and dandelions, then get to work to make those wishes happen.
20. Always have the next trip planned. You'll live each day with something great to look forward to.
21. Fall in love often. Particularly with ideas, art, music, literature, food and far-off places.
22. Say Please and Thank You. Say “I’m sorry” when you truly are.
23. Naps are for grown-ups, too.
24. When you've been up for nights with small children who refuse to sleep, just put them in your bed. I promise they won't sleep with you forever.
25. Question everything, except your own intuition!!!!!!!! Your gut knows!
26. You have enough. You are enough. If you ever doubt this, ask me!
27. You are amazing! Don't let anyone ever make you feel you are not. If someone does....walk away. You deserve better.
28. No matter where you are, you can always come home. If you need bail money, you better use that one call for Nana.
29. Prioritize spending time with your family.
30. Say what you mean and mean what you say.
31. No one will ever love you more than I do.
32. Be kind; always treat others how you would like them to treat you. People will remember how you made them feel.
33. If in doubt, remember whose daughter you are and straighten your crown 🙏💜💜