We are putting together 2 worlds that will totally blow your mind.
World #1: The gut is the key to immunity
We know that the collagen found in really excellent quality bone broth seals up the gut to heal leaky gut caused by antibiotics, eating foods that are difficult for the gut to digest, and chemicals found in food.
World #2: Healthy, easy nutrition for the family
Man, aren't we always on the look-out for simple, inexpensive and healthy options????
I’m going to break down this Instant Pot recipe step by step, cuz I find some of the IP recipes out there to be severely lacking in detail, and I don’t want to blow up my house or wait 45 minutes for a still raw bird.
- 4-5 pound thawed organic chicken
- 1 T. organic coconut oil
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Redmonds Sea Salt
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 6 peeled garlic cloves
- 2 cups water
- Mix up the dry spices and rub them onto the bird.
- Press Saute on IP and warm up the pot.
- Melt the coconut oil and place the chicken into the pot, breast side down.
- Put top onto the pot and cook 6-7 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and add water, garlic and lemon juice.
- Lock the lid onto the pot and cook on Manual for 30 minutes.
Remove chicken and allow to cool 5 minutes before carving.
You will get a couple delicious meals and a quart+ of broth that is AMAZING. The BEST I've ever had. Cool it in the fridge and it will congeal into the tell-tale sign of beautiful, gut-restorative broth.
It gets better, though, friends. Put the bones and skin back into the IP, add some raw stock veggies, some more garlic, spices, and 2 more cups of water. Quick on Manual for another 25 minutes and cool. You will get another batch of great quality broth.